Here's a great idea for a 3D Christmas tree made from recycled toilet rolls.
- 3 toilet paper rolls
- yellow paper scissors
- green and red paint, paintbrushes
- sparkly pipe cleaners
- decorative pom poms
- push pin, sharp pencil
- modeling clay
- bamboo skewer
- Cut one toilet roll in half and the other a little less than half so you have a full toilet roll and two more gradually smaller pieces for the tree and one more piece for the pot.
- Paint the tree pieces green and the pot piece red and allow to dry.
- Cut a little bit off the pot piece to make it smaller.
- Use a push pin to start holes in the tree pieces and put them together with a bamboo skewer.
- Fill the red pot with modeling clay and push the bottom of the skewer into the clay so the tree stands up.
- Decorate the tree with pipe cleaners, pom poms, etc.
- Cut a big yellow star from yellow construction paper and glue on top. Display your stand-up tree.
Alternative: Simplify the craft; eliminate the skewer and modeling clay and glue your tree to a sheet of paper and hang up